sábado, 6 de novembro de 2010

The Path

I believe in talents, but mostly i believe in dedication and hard work. My father always said to me, to become a good surgeon, one must do 10.000 surgeries, there is no such thing as a master surgeon within his  first 100 surgeries, no one can accomplish that. "Hard work is what makes a man noble" he always said this quote to me. So i've tried to raise my volume, 30 tables instead of the 24, it was a disaster at first, lost a lot in the first 2 hours of the session, but as I was becoming more aware of the things going on, I decided not to give up and try for a bit longer, so yesterday i did a 8 hours stretch session playing 262 games, and it did payoff at the end. I really needed to do that, for my self, my consciousness, i felt it was the right time, after studying a lot lately i decided to give myself that chance. I missed some things with my family and girlfriend, but your state of mind and spirit after a long day of work compensates it a bit. I miss my Musashi book. It is a book i read when i was going through one of the toughest times i've ever had in life. It's a beautiful story about a man building his character and becoming the best samurai of all times. Its a very long book, but it is very well written and it is pleasant to read, def recommend it to anyone. So, im happy with my progress, happy with my dedication and hard work. I still recognize i have a lot to learn, but it is good to know that you are on the right track and success will come along.































I'll leave you some quotes from the book.

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."

"In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário